Re: Removing Pollution Equipment

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Removing Pollution Equipment
From: Adrian <adrian@utk.edu>
Date: Sun, 19 Oct 1997 23:31:12 -0400
Cc: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>, Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Frank Clarici wrote:
> > Les is absolutly correct in what he said.
> > I had a 75 Spitfire 1500 (bought new) it was a dog, after 11,000 miles
> > the 1500 blew up so I bought a good used 1296cc spitfire engine.
> > This was the same bore as the 1500 only with flat top pistons, twin

Does the 1500 have a reputation for blowing after a short period of
time?  I have had two 1500s prior to my current pile of parts, and both
engines blew, but both instances were due to the head---dropping valve
seats into the pistons---and they both ran perfectly fine after
rebuild...one was sold and the other met its match with a truck (running
over it-not my fault believe it or not!) so I didn't get to see the life
of either.  I would just be curious to hear other's experiences...

adrian

--
email:  adrian@icx.net

"How about going back to sleep for