Re: Lenham

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>
Subject: Re: Lenham
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 19:00:49 -0400
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Larry G. Miller wrote:
> What is a Lenham Sprite?

  Well, I'll say everything I know, which isn't
much. All I know is from reading the section in
Lindsay Porter's book.

  The lenham "le mans" coupe is a version of the
warwick coach bodies used on Spridgets in the
Le Mans "giantkiller" era.

  The originals were metal, and the original Lenham
bodies were metal, but the Lenham company started
producing them in fiberglass (GRP).

  The goal is for racing, it makes the car stiffer
and adds 9mph to top speed (according to Lindsay). The
rear half is quite nice, MGB-GT like. The front half
is sort of pointier and more aerodynamic, and IMHO
very attractive.

  The Lindsay Porter book section is basically about
installing the kit, it doesn't say much more than that
about the kit itself. But it has some pictures of
before after and during.

  It only has one picture of the front piece though,
I was hoping to find some pictures of Lenhams on the
road to see more angles of the front piece.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada