Strap on top frame

Subject: Strap on top frame
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 1997 16:43:44 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On the later top that is fixed to the car, there is supposed to be a strap
connecting the two rear bows in the center.  This strap has desintegrated
on my car.  Does anyone know the purpose of this strap?

In case anyone who still has the original strap in place happens to have
his or her top up (and a good excuse for it :-), could you possibly
measure the distance between the bows, so that I could make a new strap of
the correct length?

Thanks in advance,

                                                           '67 Sprite
                                                           (strapless)