Re: 1500 Oil Cooler?

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 1500 Oil Cooler?
From: David Brown <davebrown1@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Oct 1997 09:04:24 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
>Okay...how it this pulled off?  Do you just somehow mount it to the oil

>filter or something?  And which oil cooler would I use?  Thanks!

>adrian

Adrian,

I have been pondering the same problem. I live in the Mojave Desert
which is great for car bodies, but our 100 degree days can be tough on
engines.
British victoria offers a kit for the 1500 (mine is a '78) but the
different pieces end up costing over $200. This is supposed to be an
inexpensive vehicle!
So, yesterday I stopped by the local newsstand and bought a copy of the
JCWhitney catalogue, the king of cheap, hoping to find a low cost and
ingenuous solution to the oil cooling problem.

On page 204 of catalog No. 605N they offer a Perma-Cool oil
cooler/filter adapter for $19.99, and a 4 row oil cooler for $44.95. Is
anyone familiar with these products. The price is most attractive, but
are the results?

Dave

P.S.: The weather is cooling off so I can ponder this for the next 5
months in necessary.