Re: Fiberglass panels etc

To: "Editors, Molecular Vision" <jboatri@emory.edu>, <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Fiberglass panels etc
From: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 1997 17:11:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I have seen a 1500 Midget with painted rubber bumbers. It actually took a
second to figure out what looked "different" about it. It looked
surprisingly good. It was done by a shop in Mankato, MN, called "New Life
to Classics" run by Dave Wintz (507) 387-CARS. I think he said that they
used an additive so the paint wouldn't crack.

I have no affiliation with "New Life..." or Dave, ecept that he's a fellow
MG club member. Once, however, when I was in Mankato, an hour from home, I
had a generator bearing go bad. I went into his shop to see if he could
pull a generator out of one of his carcasses; he said he had one, but
first... He helped me pull out mine, drove me across town to his buddy's
electric shop, told him it was a rush job, had a new bearing put in,
tested it, helped me put it back in, and had me on my way...no charge. Hell
of a guy.
Phil Vanner
MK1 Midget

----------
> From: Editors, Molecular Vision <jboatri@emory.edu>
> To: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Subject: RE: Fiberglass panels etc
> Date: Friday, October 24, 1997 2:55 PM
>
> There is a red MGB on the web with painted rubber bumpers. It looks good,
> all red. Try posting some of these questions on mgs@autox.team.net as I
> think the owner hangs out there.
>

> >Adrian
> >
> >The only thing that I have seen is black and its not really a paint but
> >really
> >improves the appearance of old rubber bumpers and trim.  They can be
painted
> >though.  The paint requires an additive that makes it more flexible.
maybe