Re: Torque Setting

To: Adrian Jones <AdrianJones@compuserve.com>
Subject: Re: Torque Setting
From: Brian Evans <brian@uunet.ca>
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 1997 09:33:48 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Make sure that you lube the nut and bolt threads before torqueing.  Use
engine oil if you don't have the proper Moly assemble lube.  I'd use 48 FT
Lbs, and a good reliable torque wrench - click type.  Do not use soft iron
lock washers, or loctite - a correctly torqued fastener will NOT come loose.

Make sure that the backs of the bearing shells are wiped off DRY.  Do not
attempt to polish the bearing surface of the shells, just wipe clean gently
before installing.  There is a coating on the bearing surface that can be
polished off - DON'T DO IT!  The bearings are ready for installation as they
come out of the package, they just need to be clean.  Use plenty of engine
oil or prelube in the bearings as you assemble.

Have fun!

Brian

Brian