RE: Suspension tricks

To: "Larry G. Miller" <millerls@classic.msn.com>, "Spridget List" <spridgets@triumph.cs.utah.edu>
Subject: RE: Suspension tricks
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 1997 21:18:14 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I think part f the issue here is the age of the car,  At least in the North
American market ride height was increased at some point to conform with
governmental regulations, so I don;t think older cars would benifit from
lowering, but newer models with a higher ride height might.  Wish I knw
what year the rules changed.

Greg

At 04:02 AM 10/29/97 UT, Larry G. Miller wrote:
>Dean
>
>My Bugeye is lowered between an inch and an inch and 1/2 in the front and I
>intend to go back to stock height when I get around to it.  Last Sunday
>driving through a shopping center parking lot, I drug the exhaust on every
>speed bump.  I cannot back into my garage without laying out boards because
>the front exhaust mount hits the edge of the lip on the garage floor.  I
vote
>for stock height for any street Spridget other than the rubber bumper
cars. I
>should add that I also have a header that makes the pipe a little lower
than a
>stock header would.  I would go with the polyurethane bushings though.
>
>Larry Miller

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats