Re: SU carb dashpot function

To: jphender@inav.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: SU carb dashpot function
From: Jaral48462@aol.com
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 13:21:57 -0500 (EST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 97-11-05 09:54:29 EST, jphender@inav.net writes:

<< I just re-assembled the first of my two SU2s last night and am a bit
 confused as to how it functions.  This is what I THINK I understand: >>

Rather than copy the book in explaining answers to the questions you have
listed.  I would suggest obtaining a book on SU carbs from one of the Major
Austin Healey suppliers and better still,  order up the video tape on
rebuilding and tuning SU Carbs.  The Video is two hours long and goes into
the tear down and rebuilding of all the models of SU's that you would be
interested in.  I have the tape and three books on the subject and could
answer all your questions but in the long run, there would be something lost
in the translation.  You'll get all kinds of opinions on what to do and look
for but its in your best interest to get the info from the horses mouth.

Ron