Re: SU carb dashpot function

To: "Brian Evans" <brian@uunet.ca>, <jphender@inav.net>
Subject: Re: SU carb dashpot function
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 1997 21:01:27 -0500
Cc: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Yeah - what Brian said.  Constant velocity of air as in v=w/(rho*a), where
w is mass flow, rho is density (or, v=q/a, where w/rho = q, volumetric
flow) and a is the area of air passage.  As the q (or w/rho) increases with
demand, the piston varies "a" to keep the velocity constant.

Ron Soave
'61 Bugeye