Temp Gauge Repair

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Temp Gauge Repair
From: Greg MAHNEY <mahney@central.murdoch.edu.au>
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 1997 09:22:15 +0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Greetings

My wife has just  bought an Austin Healey Sprite MkII.  It has the Smith's
dual Water Temperature and Oil Pressure Gauge.  The Oil pressure part works
fine, the Water Temp does not.

A look under the dash reveals that the temp capillary tube has been cut off
near the gauge.

I found a UK repairer on the Net who quoted me quite a lot of money for a
"mechanical repair" of the gauge, but the quoted price was prohibitive at
the moment.

Does anyone know of a US repairer who may be cheaper (or better still, an
Australian one)?

Alternatively, where I might buy a replacement?

I'm open to suggestions.

Greg