Re: Side Windows

To: Jeff Church <jchurch@exis.net>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Side Windows
From: Rick Doig <rickbo@swbell.net>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 21:31:20 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Jeff Church wrote:

> Rick,
>
> They became original when the hardtop became available on chassis # AN5-8283
> (December 1958). They could be ordered as a option (to replace the
> steel-framed, Vynide covered versions) after that.  From chassis AN5-34558
> (March 1960) on they became standard equipment.  Source - "Original Sprite
> and Midget".
>
> Jeff Church
> AN5-11627
> Definitely a real Healey

have the extra snaps across the wind screen and the vynide covered side
screens, but I'm going for the later stuff 'cause I'm more of a "drive
the car and hope it looks good from ten feet at 60 mph" than a
"Concours" type of person.  Like an east Texas Healey friend of mine
said one day "The only Con-a-cours ah like is ina can"
                                        Rick