licence holder

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: licence holder
From: "Brinkmann, Gerry" <brinkg@uf4124p01.BheightsNJ.ncr.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 1997 12:22:54 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
 Question:
What is that license?  Where can I get one?  It was just so British, I
got it, but I wasn't able to locate an old license to put inside it.
I'll pay a reasonable price to anyone who has one of these.

This probably the "tax disK' holder. It is a ~3" round holder for the tax
disk
that gets issued to every car that is on the public roads. The "tax"  costs
about $250 is issued when a car passes it annual MOT (inspection). I believe
that cars over 25 years old are now exempt.

There are various forms of the holder. I have see self-adhesive ones, and
nice
chrome holders which get affixed to the top of the dashboard, so that the
disk
can be viewed from the outside
gerry