MKI - MKII Hardtop

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net (spridgets)
Subject: MKI - MKII Hardtop
From: "Roger Garnett" <rwg1@cornell.edu>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 1997 22:31:20 -500
Comments: Authenticated sender is <rwg1@postoffice2.mail.cornell.edu>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
OK Folks- It finally sunk in that if the Bugeye and MKII windscreens are the
same, then the hard top might be too. Are they the same or not?

I have this lonely Bugeye top, and only a MK that might make use of it. (My
race Sprite has a wind deflector, not a full windscreen)

So, I grabbed my Bugeye hardtop and put it on my MKII, and it seems it might
fit. It was cold, and this top needs seals, and some fibreglass repair at the
side mounts, so I can't quite tell for sure. Sure seems close.

Anyone?

 Roger Garnett  (Roger-Garnett@cornell.edu)  http://www.team.net/wayward
                  "The Wayward Sports Car Centre"
      "All donations of stray, orphaned, odd, neglected, etc.
       sports cars and bits in need of a good home accepted."
        "The drop off bin is right there- behind the barn..."