1500 boot covers - why so @#$! expensive?

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1500 boot covers - why so @#$! expensive?
From: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 22:05:26 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Okay, so a convertible top costs anywhere from $150 at SICP to $400ish
in VB/Moss, but the top boot costs 2 to 3 times that.  Why is this?

If nobody knows, can someone at least sell me a used one for cheep?  I'd
really like one but I sure don't have $150 to shell out for one.

I never did figure out how to fold those stupid tops.  I've seen
diagrams, I've seen ASCII pictures, I've read step-by-step
instructions.  I just don't get it.  It looks really stupid when I try
it, and I'm convinced I'm doing something very wrong.  If anyone has any
pictures of a correctly folded top or can point me to anything like
this, I'd appreciate it.

Additionally, does anyone know where I can get a Spit 1500 J-type O/D
kit for the 1500 tranny?  I don't care if I have to smelt a whole new
frame, I'm gonna put one in next semester.  I just have to locate the
parts.

 __.o,\____  Go, Lil' Racer! * Eric C. Mumford
/__ \ /  _ ) 1979 MG Midget  * mumford@rpi.edu
 (+)`---(+)  http://travolta.stu.rpi.edu