Re: 1500 Engine

To: mumsy <mumford@rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: 1500 Engine
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 1997 16:45:27 -0500
Cc: Phil Profili <pprofili@hercii.mar.lmco.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
mumsy wrote:
> I don't know what continent you're talking about, but I've never been
> overseas and I've never seen a 1500 block here (US) that didn't have a
> shot or on-deaths-door bottom end, with or without emissions enabled.

  Seems to be more of a problem in Midgets than in spitfires,
perhaps a ventilation issue?

  I heartily disagree with the notion that "the bottom ends were not
changed when the capacity was increased". Perhaps they didn't get
it right, but it's not like they stood idly by boring out cylinders
to larger and larger sizes without touching the bottom ends.

  Simple evidence, how many parts are interchangeable between
engine sizes in the bottom end? Few.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada