Distributor for 1500

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Distributor for 1500
From: Michael Dietsche <mdietsche@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 14:44:52 -0800 (PST)
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Can someone suggest an aftermarket distributor for the 1500?  Does the
Mallory work?  Some previous owner has installed a non-standard Lucas,
judging from the books I've looked at.  Its vacuum advance is wedged
against the alternator........whoever it was performed many other
electrical "modifications" before apparently giving up and selling the
car.  Anyway, I intend to rebuild/upgrade one system at a time, and
I'm curious about distributor options.  Any thoughts/experiences would
be appreciated...

Thanx -

Mike