Suppliers

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Suppliers
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 06 Dec 1997 17:27:18 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Spridgeteers,

Beware of  lower end A series gasket sets from Vic Brit. (conversion
sets)
While assembling my engine I came across the timing cover gasket, it was
for an A+ engine. The part # says similar to...., close but no cigar!
I called VB to explain their/my problem, they could care less. So I
asked for a 1275 timing gasket since this was the only gasket which is
different, they said no problem," how would you like to pay for it?" I
told them I already "paid" for it but got the wrong part.
Well after a few choice words I told them they were as bad as Moss, I
will never buy from them again. I probably spend $1000 a year at VB with
all my cars, their loss and all over a $2 gasket.
I just had to get this off my chest, thanks for listening.
If you get a gasket set and the timing cover gasket has a bump out the
side, it's for an A+ engine and will not fit any US Spridget.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites