Re: Suppliers

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: Re: Suppliers
From: Robert <robert@woozy.com>
Date: Sun, 7 Dec 1997 09:10:36 +0100
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I used VB for a while, but I won't anymore. They do charge less than
Moss but more than make up for it in their very padded shipping charges.
Once I needed a part from them overnight (some emergency, can't remember
now) I was charged a rediculous overnite fee and then when the package
didn't come for 2 days they said tough luck. They had waited a day to ship my
"overnight" package and refused to refund me the rather substancial overnight
fee.

I've been using Hal Rogers, <hdrsons@iamerica.net> for all of my parts lately.
His prices are less than VB and Moss and the service is great. A few weeks ago
I ordered a Peco header from him. I had to remove the steering column to put
it in, after I had the header in I found that there was no room for the
steering
column to reconnect to the rack. Called him up, he said no problem and shipped
me another LCB header 2nd day air. You can't get that kind of service from
Moss
or VB.

I also live in the town where Flying Circus is and have found that they charge
me the straight Moss catalogue prices, maybe Chuck has some sort of special
deal with them. I've found them to be pretty pricey myself.

Just my $0.02

Robert Weeks
Durham NC
1969 Midget