The (rather sad) tale of just one Midget

Subject: The (rather sad) tale of just one Midget
From: Tyson Sherman <tsherman@tecinfo.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Dec 1997 15:38:32 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
First of all, THANKS Alan Fisher, your piece is lovely, fits like a
glove, and does its job well.  E-mail me please as I accidentaly lost
your address.

Heeding the advice of this list, I set out to turn the engine over
manually on my 72 Midget that has sat for unknown years.  Well the only
way to do so was by moving the car in gear, and now that I have the
piece to hold the lever in, I could do so.  Well, rowing the lever
around (I DO know how to drive a manual too) produced no gear.  I
couldn't find what felt like a gear anywhere.  So that was bad.

Then, I decided to raise up the rear wheel thinking I could turn it
(most tires are flat so pushing is out of the question).  Well much to
my dismay, the @#$%^^%&@##$ driveshaft is disconnected from the
transmission and the rear axle.  It's just lying down there looking
pretty.  So, that idea is out of the question.

I suppose the transmission is shot as it looks like the DPO (whomever it
may be) wanted to remove the tranny from the car.  So there's no point
in trying to start it as it can't go anywhere.  I may decide to put the
driveshaft back on...it can't be too difficult.

Thanks for listening to my sad tale.  Too bad I can't just buy a
transmission and drive on.

Tyson
see the world's saddest Midgets at:
http://www.tecinfo.com/~tsherman/midgets.html