Re: ivergate Clutch in Datsun bell housing -- which way?

To: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: ivergate Clutch in Datsun bell housing -- which way?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 20:02:36 -0500
Cc: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net, Rivergate@compuserve.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Chuck Ciaffone wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> I'm just now getting back to the Datsun conversion, and
> I'm trying to mount the MG clutch with the modified
> RiVergate clutch disk in the Datson bellhousing. Unlike
> the good old MG disk, the new one does not have a marked
> side for "to flywheel." The new disk has a splined end that
> protrudes on one side. If I go by the look of the MG
> disk, I would mount the new disk with these splines protruding
> toward the flywheel. But then it does not seem to seat well.
>
> I dopn't want to force the issue, so if any of you have done
> this, I could uses your advice.
>
> Thanks,
>
> chuck
> --
>
> chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net

 Chuck

I just installed the clutch and 5 speed tonight (to the engine, not the
car yet)
The protruding side the side with the writing on it (made in England) is
the pressure plate side.  The side without writing on it is the flywheel
side (flat side)

At least I sure hope so. I compared the new disc with an old MG disc and
came to the above conclusion.

Good luck

--
Frank Clarici