ivergate Clutch in Datsun bell housing -- which way?

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: ivergate Clutch in Datsun bell housing -- which way?
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Tue, 09 Dec 1997 08:36:30 -0500
Cc: Rivergate@compuserve.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi again,

I'm just now getting back to the Datsun conversion, and
I'm trying to mount the MG clutch with the modified
RiVergate clutch disk in the Datson bellhousing. Unlike
the good old MG disk, the new one does not have a marked
side for "to flywheel." The new disk has a splined end that
protrudes on one side. If I go by the look of the MG
disk, I would mount the new disk with these splines protruding
toward the flywheel. But then it does not seem to seat well.

I dopn't want to force the issue, so if any of you have done
this, I could uses your advice.

Thanks,

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net