Dumb Datsun Questions

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Dumb Datsun Questions
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 1997 14:20:41 -0500
Cc: Rivergate@compuserve.com, tobisj@aud.alcatel.com
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Well, the engine and gear box are in. Most of the
credit goes to my wife's help and patience. Now I have
a few really dumb questions that would have been answered
if I had bagged ALL the parts on dissassembly and drawn
pictures.

1. Does anyone happen to know whether the exhaust pipe on a '72
   1275 goes between the engine and the frame, or in the cutout
   just outside the frame?

2. Does anyone know the function or place for 2 seemingly brass
   bolts that are threaded onto strange, oblong, loaf-shaped
   nuts?

3. In the Riverside kit, there are several clutch line parts.
   a. There is the small tubing nut that I slid on the clutch
      tube before I flared it.
   b. There is the actual hose that comes off the slave cylinder
      and ends in a threaded brass fitting.
   c. Then ther is another brass pice, sort of a coupling, that I
      have threaded into the fiting on the hose, and intowhich
      I have threaded the tubing nut and tube flare. IS this OK?

4. Finally, atleast for now, any tips on centering the gearbox?
   Right now its so far to the left, at the rear of the gearbox, that
   to get 1st and 2nd, you gotta bash the shifter against the
   left side of the hole in the tunnel. Surely the shifter should
   appear centered in the tunnel?

Morelater. Really gotta take a break!

Thanks,

chuck