Re: All Five!

To: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Subject: Re: All Five!
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 1997 23:06:12 -0800 (PST)
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On Wed, 17 Dec 1997, Chuck Ciaffone wrote:

> Yes!
>
> Got the $%#& clutch bled today with the help of my ever
> enduring wife (of 30-some years) and my trusty bicycle
> floor pump. Took the MGsun (or izzat DatMG ?) around the
> block IN ALL 5 FORWARD GEARS! The darned thing can die

Congratulations!!!!

> now; I've been there. Done that. Just gotta finish off
> all the little tiddley bits (like reallllly tuning it)
> and smooth-overs (like installing a shift boot) and such
> (like putting the bonnet back on). But it shifts smoothly,
> and I got 75-80 lbs oil pressure.  The rest can wait.

Sounds just like me, first test drive, very careful, a "Yes!" of
increasing intensity as I shifted through the gears, rejoicing that they
all worked.  It is pretty loud w/o a shift boot (I ended up using the boot
of a 1500).  Won a bet with a friend by taking him around the block that
night.  I even had three days to spare in winning the bet.  Gave him a
good ride in drizzling rain, no hood, no bonnet, no top (whatever) and a
nice slide around a roundabout.  Makes it all worthwhile.

> Many thanks to all of you who provided answers, especially
> Shawn, Ulix, and Frank. This list is tops!

Any time!

                                                           '67 Sprite