PDLJMPR Chat

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PDLJMPR Chat
From: Les Myer <lmyer@qtm.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jan 1998 23:45:44 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Actually the PDLJMPR Chat room is not truly linked with this mailing
list.  I started it about a year ago for my web site visitors, but
everyone on this list is certainly welcome to join in.

The IRC chat server for PDLJMPR Chat is not one of the big chat servers
you will find as defaults in your IRC program.  I chose a small server
so people could always get a connection, even in peak chat times (the
big servers often refuse connections due to the number of people
connected).

In any case, if you're interested you will need to add:
chat.kansascity.com
to your IRC server address list - specify port 6667

after connection is established, go to channel (Room):
PDLJMPR

Chat starts at 9pm Eastern on Thursday nights.  Hope to see you there.
I will be happy to advise anyone who is having trouble or has never done
IRC, but please let me know a couple of days before-hand.  (You can
connect to the server for practice at any time.)

Les Myer
lmyer@qtm.net
PDLJMPR Web Magazine
http://www.probe.net/~lmyer