New Member's greeting: "Hello, and do you have parts?"

To: "PDLJMPR" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: New Member's greeting: "Hello, and do you have parts?"
From: <gio@sprynet.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 98 22:47:37 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Greetings and Happy New Year.

This is my first post on this Spridget list. I look forward to meeting
many of you through this great forum as time goes by.  I'm a longterm
British car nut with grease under my fingernails, skinned nuckles and
moss growing between my toes up here in Seattle, WA.

As fate would have it, last year I became immersed over my head in
Spridgets and their Bits when I purchased two '59 Bugeye race cars and
thousands of pounds of parts in a package from a wonderful enthusiast in
Chicago. Another spridget nut and myself will be racing one in the
North'wet in 1998, if Murphey allows it.  The previous owner loved
collecting 948 engines, rebuild parts as well as smoothcases,
differentials, etc.  I have way more than I can use of these stock and
racing parts. Let me know if you need such things or other parts.  Unpure
as this act is, I will be removing said 948cc prime movers and replacing
with 1275 engines and ribcages and disk brakes from later cars.  I need a
couple sets of these parts in and usable condition.  Any leads would be
appreciated.

To add insult to injury, my recently purchased Sprite MkIV came with a
welded-together, tilt front end that lost a bumping match with a Ford
truck. I hope to put a bugeye tilt front end in its stead. Heresy. But it
will look great.  I need two metal bonnets and one fiberglass one for
racing-again, the plea goes out....I ask too much for our first meeting.
I'm looking forward to meeting you online.

Warm Regards
Jim Giordano