Re: Sprite sighting and article of interest

To: Rick / Carolyn Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Sprite sighting and article of interest
From: Amy Turner <ltturner@cococo.net>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 12:51:35 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Rick / Carolyn Walters wrote:

> Hi Jim,
>
> It would have done my soul good to see a MK1 on a show.  Maybe they will
> show it again.  Hope so.

I saw that show, not because I was watching, but because there was an
explosion in the TV room that sounded like my husband screaming "A
SPRITE!!!!  A SPRITE!!!!" followed by much clamoring about and the sound of
video tapes being pitched out of the case, almost as if someone were in
search of a blank tape.

The car did look good.  It was a red bugeye with some modifications --
different steering wheel, windshield wiper gaskets painted red.  I never saw
any license plates.  I did a search at http://www.ultimatetv.com and found
that it was episode #105, Alice in Autoland.  I also found that it's not
scheduled to be repeated anytime soon.  Drat.

I wish we had caught more of the Sprite in action on tape.  I don't currently
have any way of transferring images to the computer, but I'll keep watch for
another repeat of this episode.

Amy