heater puzzle

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: heater puzzle
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 12:14:10 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I am still getting no air (cold or warm) in my Sprite.

I have established that the motor sucks air fine by
placing a paper tissue over the motor grille and it
was going in towards the fan.

Linking the motor to the large black Smiths heater box
is a tube with a swinging butterfly "door" (much like
a carb throttle valve). It is operated by a push-pull
knob on the dashboard. The motor is engaged by a
two-position (on/off) toggle switch elsewhere on the dash.

The water tap is open and I can feel the water hoses linked
to the black box being warm, ok.

I haven't opened the black box yet. What should I do?

I understand air enters the box through the motor and valve.
Warm water enters the box & matrix through the hoses.
Here's my question: How does warm air enter the cabin?
I cannot see any other hoses. And how does one chose footwell
vents or windscreen demisters as the warm air delivery point?

Regards

Evangelos