Re: heater puzzle

To: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Subject: Re: heater puzzle
From: Rick / Carolyn Walters <walters@mail.softcom.net>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 1998 03:20:21 +0000
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Evangelos,

The flow is correct as you stated. Now possibly the blower is spinning
but not throwing any air.  I had this happen in my Jeep once, it turned
out to be the fan blades had rusted completely away.  Also butterfly's
have a habit of spinning without moving the vane.  From the out side
everything looks fine, inside nothing moves.

As I understand and remember it on my 67, It was very similar to my
Bugeye.  The way to get air into the cockpit was through small doors in
the tranny hub.  They had to be openned by hand.  Just forward of this
should be the defroster tubes running to the windscreen.  From the heat
box air is sent down though a thin duct between the tranny and tranny
hub.  From there it is sent via the above methods.

Hope this helps

Rick
52 MGTD (No Heater at all), 74 B, 76 XJ12C, & Puddles (60 Frogeye)