Re: The longest time...

To: "J. Adrian Barnes" <adrian@utk.edu>
Subject: Re: The longest time...
From: jphender@soli.inav.net
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 1998 08:31:34 -0600 (CST)
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey Adrian,

I have on my desk, a picture of my '69 Sprite taken by my mother on the
day I began to disassemble it.  It shows my Dad pointing and laughing at
me.  The picture is dated December 6, 1987.  That was the last time ran
until last Saturday, January 3rd, 1998.

Over that 10 years I worked on it for a total of about 12 months, eight of
them in 1997.  (Got a big shot of enthusiasm after reading "Frank's tech
tips" on Les Meyer's site - thanks guys!)  It isn't finished yet but I
almost dread the day that it is because I have really enjoyed working on
it.

I know how you feel.  In my darkest days, I even considered selling as a
basket case.  How humiliating that would have been.  Even now there are
some weeks that I can't go out and work on it (two kids and a job-hunting
wife) and that gets me down.

I personally don't think you are harming anything by allowing it to sit
idle.  I thought my machine was deteriorating sitting in the garage but
strangely enough, things are cleaning up well.

Jim Henderson

'69 Sprite MKIV HAN9U78817G