Re: Tips for carpet install?

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>, <squeedle@khoral.com>
Subject: Re: Tips for carpet install?
From: "Hal Cummings"<halc@mazda.genauto.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Jan 98 15:18:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
     Hi there!

     I did this myself not too long ago.  VB had a special edition of their
     catalog with decent step-by-step instructions, you might call them and
     see if you can get hold of one.

     Failing that, I used regular carpet adhesive on the parts that get
     glue (tranny tunnel, under the seats, over the crossmembers, the
     vertical bit behind the seats and over the wheel arches) and the ring
     clips for the rest.

     Remember to replace the little bits of vinyl where the seams are, so
     the paint doesn't shine through, first.  You will also want to remove
     the trim panels and seats prior to starting

     You'll need a brush for the adhesive, a razor knife, a small mallet,
     an awl, chalk (to mark any cuts you need to make) patience, an
     assortment of screwdrivers (to remove interior trim panels) a socket
     set to remove the seats, a little more patience and some care while
     trimming.

     The only hard part is the wheel arches, because of the compound
     curves.  Judicious trimming and gentle persuasion - hence the mallet -
     will win the day there.

     Test fit everything carefully prior to gluing.

     Feel free to email with any ??

     Hal