Re: Topping up Front Damp

To: SPRIDGETS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Topping up Front Damp
From: john.kahoon@pcohio.com (John Kahoon)
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 05:58:00 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
UG>s (No GM/Ford Engine Content)

UG>On Mon, 5 Jan 1998, Christopher T Palmer wrote:

UG>> I once knew a old racing guy who said that he and his buddies used to put
UG>> STP in their lever shocks in varying proportions to stiffen the dampening
UG>> effect.  I'm not kidding...he was sort of a crazy 'Smoky Yunick' looking
UG>> kinda guy.
UG>>
UG>> Anyone else ever heard of such a thing??
UG>>
UG>> CTP

 I ( not knowing any better ) put 20/50 in eveything
 shocks, dashpots, crankcase, tranny, and was very happy with the
 handling. Keep in mind I had custom level bushings that gave me
 about 1 degree neg. camber ( short length of 10,000 psi hydraulic line)
 The end result was a small amount of oversteer, and firm road response,
 just enough to do a 100' radius turn at 60 mph comfortably ( a buddies
 best shot at that turn with his 93 beamer would only get him 53 mph :)
 Jack oil is recomended, but it's your car, and "oil" seems to work
 fine.

 John Kahoon
 71 midget
---
 þ SLMR 2.1a þ                         john.kahoon@pcohio.com

 _ _
|_|_| PC-OHIO Interactive * 216-381-3320 * telnet://bbs.pcohio.net
|_|_| Combining The Best BBS & The Web at http://www.pcohio.net