Re: Frontline REAR shocks

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Frontline REAR shocks
From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>
Date: Wed, 07 Jan 1998 13:11:59 +0200
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
My 1966 Sprite has been converted to use rear gas shocks.
It seems this was a handmade job. The shocks are quite
long, almost vertical and, at their upper end, are bolted
to thick plates that appear to be made of wood.

Unfortunately I cannot make out the shocks brand or model.

On the road the rear end handles so much better than the
front, which still uses these impossible Armstrong lever
affairs. I wish the front end would understeer less so
I can match the Mini's cornering speeds (yea, right,
even the latest BMW 5-series cannot keep up with a stock
suspended Mini on hairpins and mountain turns, or the
BMW drivers are chickens, ha!)

Evangelos
66 Sprite
78 Mini