Re: Spec Sprite Proposal

To: Fred Krampits <fred@hprrc725.rose.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Spec Sprite Proposal
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 21:01:26 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

Fred Krampits wrote:

> Even though I would never modify my Midget, excluding Bugeyes and MK II
> Sprites and MK I Midgets because of the rear springs serves what
> purpose? Are the 1/4's an advantage over the 1/2's or vice versa?
>
> Fred
> 1963 Midget MK I 1098CG

My opinion is that 1/2 leafs are much better then 1/4s.Having both types and
driving them almost daily, one or the other, sometimes both,
(how does one drive both at the same time) I prefer the cornering of the 1/2
leaf
car over the 1/4 leaf car.
1/4 leafs tend to "wind up" and lead to wheel hop, this never happened to me in
1/2 leaf car. Also the ride is a bit better with the 1/2 leafs, not that we're
talking Cadilac quality, but every little bit helps.
I have even evaluated the possibility of converting 1/4 leafs to 1/2 leafs. It
is
possible and I have heard it has been done but not by me. Yet!

Just my opinions.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites