Re: Lucas Problem

To: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Lucas Problem
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 1998 19:20:07 -0800
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Does it quit even if you apply the brakes at idle?  Or does this just
happen when it's moving?

If it happens at idle, I'd look for something in the brake pedal/pushrod
etc Linkages that's grabbing the tach cable or wiring, if if only happens
as you actually slow the car, perhaps there is a loose connection somewhere
in the tach cable or wiring linkages.

Ya know, this is one of the weirdest things I've ever heard of....

At 07:14 PM 1/8/98 -0500, Frank Clarici wrote:
>Question to all Lucas Electrics Engineers
>
>Sprite, 1960 with negative ground tach (converted)
>Problem.....Tach quits when brakes are applied.
>                  Brake lights work fine, tach works fine except when
brakes are
>applied.
>Any ideas?
>
>--
>Frank Clarici
>Too many Sprites
>http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats