Re: 5-Speed Clearances

To: Daryl May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: 5-Speed Clearances
From: Chuck Ciaffone <chuckc@ibm.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 13:27:15 -0500
Cc: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
On my '72 conversion, I dented the duct to clear the
ridge of the bell housing for installation. Probably
1/2 to 3/4" deep in the center, making a dent about 4"
inches wide, tapering shallower at the ends. This is
so that, when you are installing the gearbox in the chasis,
the top curve of the bell housing doen't bind.

Another way to go about this might be, using a hanging
chain to support the engine and gearbox, kinda swing it
back repeatedly like an old battering ram. Not elegant,
but it wound work. I would not recommend this treatment,
however.

chuck

chuck ciaffone chuckc@ibm.net