Re: The Ghosts are Haunting Me

To: Daryl May <mayfam@sprynet.com>
Subject: Re: The Ghosts are Haunting Me
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:54:25 -0500
Cc: Dave Formstone <dformsto@compusmart.ab.ca>, "'Sprite list'" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

I dropped the pan today, no leak due to cork seals or pan gasket, all clean and
dry.I had oil flying in through the starter access hole (rubber plug not in yet)
I pulled the engine, pulled the back plate off and found a crack in the back
plate.
A horizonal crack from crank hole to outer edge right at the engine/pan line.
I replaced the back plate but did not get to replacing the flywheel yet. I sure
hope that was the problem. I will probably start it up out of the car to check
for
leaks before it gets coupled to the tranny.
All oil went into the bell housing, not a drop on the back side of the pan or
front side of the back plate. I just hope it was that crack but no oil should
have
gotten thru the gasket which covered the crack. I am getting really fed up with
this engine.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites