The Ghosts are Haunting Me

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: The Ghosts are Haunting Me
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 19:01:13 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
With my Lucas problem bypassed (not resolved) I came across another stumper of a
problem.

Major oil leak!!!!! not when running but when I shut off the engine about 1/2 a
qt
pours out of the back of the pan. I do not have a cracked block or a hole in my
pan and it only pours out when the engine is off.   Has to be ghosts!
I did get an A+ gasket set when I ordered parts but only eliminated the timing
cover gasket, the rest seemed to work, sump, and cork seals that is.

Problem #2 ---Why do my rear brake drums now grind against the back plates?
All I did was replace the shoes and wheel cylinders.
I did fix it by grinding 1/16" off the back of each drum.
Ghosts again? maybe just because it is warm this time of year in the East and
the
drums know it's winter?

And I thought I knew Sprites like the back of my hand! Boy am I loosing my
touch.

--
Frank Clarici
Too many Sprites