Re: speed bleeders torque

To: "Jeff Boatright" <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: speed bleeders torque
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 15:40:22 -0500
Cc: "spridgeteers" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hi Jeff,
The conversion is to multiply ft-lb by 12 (1 ft-lb = 12 in.-lb).  You'd
want 3 +/- .33 (2.67 to 3.33) ft-lb on your wrench to get the 32-40 in-lbs
specified by speedbleeders.

I got mine the other day.  The instructions seemed pretty firm about
correct tightening, so I'd try to get as accurate as possible.  In Florida,
Autozone parts stores loan out tools.  They're free if you bring 'em back
in 48 hrs.  I'd imagine you have Autozone there in Ga.  I've only used them
for suspension tools and gear pullers and the like, but they might do
torque wrenches as well.

Good luck,
Ron