Re: '73 Midget. Was: Mini Vs. Midget 1275 blocks

To: byers@cconnect.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: '73 Midget. Was: Mini Vs. Midget 1275 blocks
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 20:08:21 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net

On Sat, 10 Jan 1998 21:52:30 -0500 "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
writes:
>Hi, Ric.  Yes, I'm close enough, although it's 240 miles from here to
>Richmond.  I come through Richmond all the time in the Midget, on my
>way to
>Annapolis.
My old home town.....Miss it dearly...parents are still in Severna
Park...

> Last summer was the first season after I completed the
>restoration of my car, and I entered it in the Bowie, MD British Car
>Day

Great show.
>Didn't win anything, but it's fun just to be there.  I drove the car
>from
>here to Watkins Glen, NY in September for the Vintage car races.  I
>got to
>do two laps around the track, which was a hoot.  I haven't done the
>Richmond thing yet, although every year I intend to.   I'll try to be
>there
>this year.  Do you have the dates?

The tr*umph club puts on one at"The Boulders" May 17th 1997.

The Central Virginia MG club puts on one September 11.12.13.  Parties,
rallies, maybe an autocross and then the show on Sunday at Berkley
Plantation on the James River.  Last year we had a great turn out and a
wonderful  day.

Didn't win anything but had a great time.

More info as the time draws near.

Anyone interested E-mail me and I'll make sure you get on the mailing
list!

  Ric Bergstrom
  Richmond, VA
  1973 Midget       1974 Midget (masquerqading as a box of parts and a
bare chassis)
Central Virginia MG club
Virginia Motor Sports Club