Re: Special Interest Car Parts

To: Matt Liggett <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>, Sprite List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Special Interest Car Parts
From: Patton Dickson <kpatton@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 1998 14:31:23 -0600
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Hey  Matt,

Special Interest is a good source of parts (and they have some of the best
discount specials), but they have one big trouble.  They have the worse
return policy in the business.  They will not give refunds, only credit.  I
have heard that this includes items that they ship that do not fit, they will
exchange it or give you credit, but still no refund.  So you have a risk
involved there.

I have found that the Moss reseller discount guys like George Merryweather
and Dick Burger (who can also get discounts from Vicky Brit, I believe) are
about the same, if not a little better on prices, without that same risk.

BTW, they have the timing chain listed in thier catalog, are they out of
stock?

Take care,
Patton

--
Patton Dickson                              Dallas, TX

1967 Austin-Healey Sprite                   H-AN9-L/69437
See My Austin-Healey Sprite Page
http://www.geocities.com/TheTropics/Shores/1256/page2.html