Re: Fwd: FS: 4 wire wheels

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Fwd: FS: 4 wire wheels
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 17 Jan 1998 17:18:04 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
MHirsch424 wrote:
> If you have to have the wheels tuned(trued?) I find the cost about the
> same as a new wheel.  This includes the repainting.

This may be true.  You can, of course, true them yourself.  I have 2
different text files containing instructions if anyone wants them.

> Also, getting tires mounted and/or tubes replaced is a real pain.  Most
> major tire dealers, (Sears, Firestone, etc.) will not touch anything
> that needs a tube.

True, but the local older shops rarely flinch.  Besides, tube tires can
be mounted yourself.

> I like the look of wire wheels, but still have not found out why (if)
> they are better then steel.  They are heavier, more expensive, more
> difficult to maintain.

I agree 100%.  That's why I'm selling my spare set of wheels and plan to
convert to steel discs or alloys someday.  However, I know some people
love the look enough to deal with them.  Otherwise Moss et. al. would not
be able to keep selling new ones.
-
        Matt Liggett, SysAdmin
        Kiva Networking