Still leaking

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Still leaking
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Jan 1998 17:44:54 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Guys, Girls, Roofers, Waterproofers

After removing the engine, replacing the cracked back plate and triple checking
everything
else, I still have an oil leak!!!!!
It does not leak when running, not a drop, had it reved up, idle, etc, for over
an hour.
No leak.
As soon as I shut off the engine oil pours out between the tranny and
backplate. a spot
the size of a pancake.
Start it up, no leak, turn it off, another pancake size oil spot.

My own personal cure to this problem is turn the fresh rebuilt engine into an
artifical
reef. Which is exactly what I'm going to do with it as soon as I pull it out
and rebuild
another 1275.

Anybody have any ideas?
It's not the gaskets.
It's not the PCV.
It's not the tranny.
It's not the oil gauge line.
It's not a cracked block.
It's not the oil pump (changed that too)
It's not the oil pump cover.
It's not another cracked back plate.
It's not gonna float either!
--