Re: radio

To: emakris@hol.gr, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: radio
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 08:00:01 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Evangelos,

I mounted a radio in my midget in such a way that it sounds great and
isn't visible.

Not because of originality but because of theft!!

I do have  a power antenna in the trunk as the only visible mod

The speakers are small radio shack units that are black that are mounted
behing the brace where the jack goes in on the floor infront of the
seats.  very invisible against black carpet to the casual observer and a
small pair of brackets if you take the speakers out.

The radio is a modern unit from a jeep cherokee.  I choose it because
someone gave it to me...but it works well as it is simple and the buttons
are relatively logical in their placement...this is important becasue I
can't see the unit.  I mounted it below the dash above my left hand knee
using longer hardware from existing bolt locations to a simple bracket
made up of 3/4' wide soft aluminum.  Once you get used to where
everything is it is real easy to use and sounds ok...if you used real
speakers and an internal amp you might even be able to hear it at 80 over
the wind noise!!

Ric Bergstrom
Richmond, VA
1973 Midget  1275                   '88 240 Volvo            '92 F150
1974 Midget  1275  (currently in many little boxes)
Central Virginia MG Classics