Re: 5-speed conversions and clutch masters.

Subject: Re: 5-speed conversions and clutch masters.
From: Ulix Goettsch <ulix@u.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 15:48:35 -0800 (PST)
Cc: Phil Vanner <pvanner@pclink.com>, "Spridget List (E-mail)" <Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Oh, I forgot to add that using the Spridget slave does not guarantee the
same clutch action as with the ribcase since the mechanical lever ratio
between slave cylinder and clutch plate is probably different.
So it might be interesting to know the ID of the Datsun master and slave
cylinders.  Also, someone who has both trannies sitting around could
measure the lever lengths (on both sides of the pivot) of both
transmissions, so that we could calculate the ideal slave cylinder ID.
Also the ID of the big Healey slave would be of interest...

                                                           '67 Sprite