5-speed conversions and clutch masters.

To: Spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 5-speed conversions and clutch masters.
From: tobisj@aud.alcatel.com (Shawn J. Tobin)
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 98 17:52:35 CST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Phil,
The later clutch master is 3/4" bore and so gives an easier pedal because of
hydraulic advantage.  Since the Dat slave cylinder is slightly smaller than the
stock slave, the pedal effort will be slightly greater.  I've sat in my car and
pushed the clutch and it seems not too bad but because of the length of my
refurbishment I've not driven the car yet.  Mine would be the same as Ulix's.
Since you have the (integral) master cylinder with 7/8" bore I would imagine
your pedal effort would be even greater.

Instead of changing slave cylinders, how about going to an 11/16" or 5/8" bore
master cylinder from Tilton?  Check The Winner's Circle or your local serious
Spridget racing outfitter.  Doesn't Tilton make a 5/8" mc?  Would it move enough
fluid to disengage the clutch?

Just thinking...