Re: Video...& Speed Vision

To: Leo Speichinger <ldsp@flash.net>
Subject: Re: Video...& Speed Vision
From: Dave Woerpel <dwoerpel@wi.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 22:12:42 -0600
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Leo,
My Bugeye was manufactured in May of '59.  I have the same question.  I
even called Terry Horler of "Original Sprite & Midget.  He has no idea
of the change over either; I paraphrase his remarks: {the brass hex nut
attachment was probably early and then it became cheaper to utilize the
knurled fitting.}   This led me to believe that the pressed together
tach drives were later.
However, upon discussing this with others, some from this list, I have
found that the pressed together drives were early, the bolt together
ones later.  Both types had knurled fasteners to the generator and both
types are for the Bugeye.  The bolt together drive with the brass hex
fittting was found on the MkII's.  I have no number for the changeover
from pressed to bolt together drives for the Bugeye.
Can anyone clear this matter up???!!!
Anyone with an original setup?  Include your chassis # and maybe we can
arrive at a concensus.??
Dave Woerpel
'59 :()  HAN5L/17606