Re: Video...& Speed Vision

To: ldsp@flash.net, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Video...& Speed Vision
From: BRUCE48127 <BRUCE48127@aol.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 1998 21:34:09 EST
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
In a message dated 98-01-22 23:12:42 EST, ldsp@flash.net writes:

<< Here's one for the list that I would appreciate some input on. My car
number is
 AN5L/24772 which was manufacture. 9/59 so should the tach drive be the bolted
 together one or should it be the pressed steel unit.

inside
 the passenger compartment that is definitely not in the original style: i.e.,
I am
 thinking about having a material called Line=Ex sprayed in my floorboard
area. It
 is most commonly used as a spray in bed liner for new trucks. The shop has
showed
 me that they can put a smooth texture out of their gun and it would be about
1/8
 inch thick on side panels and 1/4 inch thick on floor board & transmission
tunnel.
 It is all covered by the carpet and interior panels so you wouldn't see it
but it
 sure would stop a lot of noise and heat while offering permanent protection
as it
 is guaranteed for life not to come lose from the surface it is sprayed on.
Any
 thoughts????  >>

Early was crimped together type.  Latest Concours Standards list change point
as HAN6-11162. Many people simulate undercoating by using things like 'stone
guard' the same material used on current cars on the lower portions of doors,
fenders and rockers to prevent stone pecking. Applied over primer, then
painted over. This usually gives a very wavy finish like very large orange
peel.  The material you describe sounds similar. If you are applying something
to an area which will not be seen, why worry.
Bruce Gearns