where to pull

To: spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: where to pull
From: "Matt Liggett" <mliggett-receive-spridgets@elise.kiva.net>
Date: 24 Jan 1998 23:29:06 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I've got everything disconnected and a hoist rented until Monday.  Engine
stand is put together.  Now, where should I attach the chain to pull the
engine.  The thing that came with the hoist is a simple chain with
brackets on the ends.  You can run a bolt through the bracket, but there
are no hooks, so you can't just hook any hole.  Which 2 places work best?
Should I get some hooks instead?

Next question will be where should I bolt the engine up to the stand?
It's a cheap Harbor Freight engine stand with 4 adjustable arms.  What
should I bolt the arms to?  Alternator bracket mounts (too close to each
other, I think)?  Do I need to use all four?  How about the bellhousing?

Thanks again.
--
        Matt Liggett, SysAdmin
        Kiva Networking