Re: Steering Rack Lube/grease gun

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Steering Rack Lube/grease gun
From: "Ron Soave" <redlotus@spacey.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 16:45:24 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Bought my oil gun (NOT grease gun) at Pep Boys when I had a differential as
haunted with oil leaks as Frank's 1275 on my Spit.  Oil tight, and
extremely useful.  I always thought the problem with grease was its
tendency to chew up seals / rubber like the boot itself, whereas hypoid oil
is much friendlier on rubber.  Also, believe it or not, different types of
grease (high speed, gen. purpose, etc) can be incompatible with each other,
causing a break down of both.

Ron