Re: Weber Help / SUs

To: spritenut@Exit109.com, spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Weber Help / SUs
From: ric_bergstrom@juno.com (Richard L. Bergstrom)
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 19:58:29 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@Autox.Team.Net
I've never had SU's on the car...(in fact I've never driven a stock
1275cc)...but do have 45 DCOEs.  While they are not perfect they are real
close!

They sound great.

They go like stink..once they clear out.  ( I set the idle up to about
2000 for autocrosses and it isn't a problem)  I too shift at 6k but have
run to 7k and it is still pulling hard.

They look good.

I also have..but have never fit a.....a downdraft weber and manifold.

I've got  a set of 1.5 SU's but no manifold.....What do you usually use
for a manifold?

If I get a manifold I'll do a carb shoot out and write up a report.  I'd
really like to find someone who has a rolling road dyno to really dial
them in...any ideas in the Washington/Richmond/Baltimore area?

Again...personal observation...each to his own.

I'd really like to see the SU throttle bodies by Electromotive..that has
to be the set up!!!!
(if only I had $1500 laying around with no other uses for it!)

Ric Bergstrom
Richmond, VA
1973 Midget  1275                   '88 240 Volvo            '92 F150
1974 Midget  1275  (currently in many little boxes)
Central Virginia MG Classics

On Wed, 04 Feb 1998 19:33:45 -0500 Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
writes:
>I have to speak on this thread. These are my own personal
>expieriences.
>Please don't start a flame war after reading them.
>
>I've been running SUs for many years then I bolted on a 45 DCOE Weber
>to a
>stock 1275. Instant rocket! The single most noticable improvement I
>ever
>made.
>
>I tried a single HIF 6 SU (1 3/4") fuel mileage is much better then a
>Weber
>but it's just not the same, it works like a pair well tuned 1 1/4"
>SUs. And
>it leaks every couple of weeks like any SU does.
>
>I don't race my Sprites, I do however drive hard, the Weber makes
>street
>driving fun. I don't really care about peak performance at 8,000+ rpms
>My tach stops at 7,000 and my engines rarly rev over 6,000.
>

>Just my .02 cents
>--
>Frank Clarici
>Seeing all of you at Sprite Rush 98
>For more info on Sprite Rush, the 40th anniversery of the Sprite
>Check out my home page  http://www.exit109.com/~spritenut

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]